From The Mangum Daily Star 22 November 1929
SKIN AND CANCER HOSPITAL WILL BE ESTABLISHED HERE
Doctor Shaw Heads Staff of Clinic for Care of Special Cases.
The staff of the Border-McGregor Hospital realizing the tremendous spread and the ever increasing number of deaths caused by the most dreaded of all diseases CANCER, came to the conclusion that a closer study should be made concerning the cause, diagnosis and treatment of a disease that is claiming so many victims annually. And in furtherance of this plan a number of professional and business men were called in conference and after the matter was given careful consideration it was decided to organize, build and equip an institution to be known as the Oklahoma Skin and Cancer Hospital, and accordingly a charter was asked for and granted by the state for this purpose.
After completing the above preliminaries Dr. C.C. Shaw went to New York City, where he took three months special training at the New York Skin & Cancer Hospital; six weeks special course at the New York Post Graduate Medical College, and thirty hours in Radium Therapy, as applied to cancer treatment, under New York’s leading cancer Specialist, Dr. Cameron of the Belvue Hospital. Pending the construction of the new Hospital Dr. Shaw is occupying the South wing of the Border-McGregor Hospital, which is equipped with the latest and most approved apparatus, such as Radium, X-Ray, Diathermy, Violet Ray Infra-red Carbon arc, Radium light, Sine Wave, Basal-Metablism and other physical therapy equipment.